At CloudFactory, we believe that talent is equally distributed, but the opportunity is not. We’re on a mission to create economic and leadership opportunities for talented people in developing nations. For companies from startup to enterprise, CloudFactory provides a tech-forward, professionally managed workforce solution for routine data work.
Join us and make a difference in the world!
As a member of our Platform team, you are tasked with building and growing a world-class distributed work platform that will connect 1 million people in developing countries to basic computer work. We believe that a strong and happy engineering team will give the long term results we desire as a company.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
- Develop and integrate of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Work on all phases of the development life-cycle, including continuous integration, tests deployment, and refactoring.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Keep updated with the latest innovations and best practices in the industry.
- Contributing to an efficient and effective development environment
- Mentor junior and associate software engineers to help them grow technically
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Familiarity with concepts of design patterns
- Familiarity of RESTful APIs
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool: Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field
Work experience: 2-3 years
If you want to join our movement, click on the link below to apply. Our team will be waiting to hear from you. Don’t settle for a job, pursue a calling at CloudFactory.