CloudFactory aspires to connect a million people in the developing world to online work while investing in them to become leaders worth following. We’re operating in Kenya, the UK, and the USA. Currently we have around 3,000 workers in Nepal, 180 full-time employees, three facilities in two neighborhoods, and are already having a huge impact. We want to see countries like Nepal and Kenya become flourishing economies that people move into.
CloudFactory is principles-driven, we seek to have all of our high velocity growth in a mindset of being a positive impact in the communities we operate - and the lives of all of our team members. We deeply value relationships and non-hierarchy how we relate to one one another, encourage growth, simplicity, and humble courage.
We seek a Country Manager who can become the leader in Nepal, who humbly serves, leads by example, and helps to bring our organization toward more and more maturity by investing in the professional lives of our team members.
The Country Manager (Nepal) is the leader and face of the local company both to the domestic public as well as to the other country offices of CloudFactory. The Country Manager bears ultimate accountability for legal compliance, fiduciary responsibility, public relationship, local talent, domestic expansion and exceptional operations. The Country Manager will manage our local head of Operations and collaborate with local Finance and Talent teams. This role reports to the VP, Global Operations.
The Country Manager may be asked to travel a few weeks a year.
In addition to these capabilities, Country Managers should be able to do the following:
- Be the head servant leader in the country. Set the tone and culture for both Core and CloudWorkers as the champion of CloudFactory principles.
- Lead local leadership team into a mode and mindset of serving in a scalable fashion.
- Mentor, grow and develop local leadership team.
- Accountable for team building vision/program/activities.
- Manage local government relations, key 3rd party vendors, police, etc.
- Serve as the “eyes and ears” for the global leadership team.
- Accountable to the Profit and Loss for the country office.
- Review payments and sign all checks and payments including vendor payments, as well as CoreTeam and CloudTeam payroll.
- Develop finance strategy with local Finance and interoperation with our global companies.
- Responsible to deliver quarterly reporting that is specific to the company - for investors and other shareholders.
- Accountable for the local office’s culture & Employee NPS.
- Build Relationship with core team. Build strong team. Develop the team.
- Monitor and track employees at risk of churn and make recommendations to the broader leadership on how we can improve.
- Lead new member orientation.
- Review probation approvals ensuring that the probationary process leads to a higher bar for performance expectations with people entering the company.
- Consulted for all payroll changes including new hires, promotions, and/or annual pay increments.
- Manage and lead where needed for employee personal emergencies/hot topics.
- Provide leadership to personal emergencies with local staff support: terminations, medical emergencies, injuries, deaths, deportations, security incidents, sexual harassment reports, and similar scenarios.
- Accountable for expat visa and work permit procurement strategies set by the global company or General Manager.
- Responsible to own any employee relations cases.
- Social and Community Relations
- Give feedback on community service projects (CSPs) ideas.
- Manage staff preparations for visiting VIPs and/or any related accommodations in our guest housing facilities.
- Using your own judgment, be responsible to manage groups wanting to study CloudFactory or similar requests.
- Handle all incoming requests for tours or possible partnerships from local groups.
- Responsible to manage all media inquiries with support from Marketing.
- Sign and own employment and vendor contracts.
- Accountable for legal compliance, often includes staying up-to-date with frequently changing local legislation.
- Interface with local lawyers.
- Ownership (write or approve) of all office policies such as: Environmental and Social, Safety and Health, Damage and Loss, etc.
- Preparation for all local board meetings, resolutions, audits, and transfer pricing agreements with our parent company.
- Operations and Logistics
- Oversee the operations leadership and staff to deliver support to the Delivery and core team.
- Review country spending and forecasts plans and P&L.
- Ensure all facilities meet standards and operational requirements.
- Lead the Occupational Health and Safety Committee as well as the Labour Relations Committee.
As a successful Country Manager, you need to have demonstrated high character servant leadership and strategic thinking on expansion and business execution. You will also need to demonstrate strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills. You should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to assemble and manage teams. Presentation, analytical and planning skills are also essential. Exceptional people management, customer service, and leadership skills are crucial for this role.
- At least 10 years of business experience with 5 years leading a multi-department organization or functional staff with overseas or multinational company leadership experience.
- Must have been responsible for P&L or financial results.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Technology industry experience is a plus.
- Masters degree in Business is positive.
If you want to join our movement, click on the link below to apply. Don’t settle for a job, pursue a calling at CloudFactory.
Still unsure? Read ‘5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory’.