CloudFactory’s mission is to help visionary companies power disruptive tech while connecting 1 million people in the developing world to meaningful work. We are looking for ambitious people who seek greater meaning in their work and want to use their talents to make the world a better place.
For companies from startup to enterprise, CloudFactory provides a tech-forward, professionally managed workforce solution for routine data work. Our teams are agile, scale fast, and help innovators get their technology to market fast. Trusted by 100+ companies, CloudFactory processes millions of tasks every week for companies including Microsoft, Drive.ai, Ibotta, and GM-Cruise Automation.
At CloudFactory, we believe that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. Founded in Nepal in 2008, we connect people to digital work and give them the skills to be leaders in their own communities. We’re on a mission to create economic and leadership opportunities for talented people in developing nations. As an impact sourcing service provider (ISSP) and recipient of a program related investment from The Rockefeller Foundation, we are a global leader in the impact sourcing movement.
With $13 million in venture capital raised and 100%+ growth year over year, we are expanding our business quickly and sustainably. Our headquarters is in Reading, U.K., and we have offices in Kathmandu, Nepal; Nairobi, Kenya; and Durham, N.C.
Join us and make a difference in the world!
Engineers on our team enjoy solving business problems using technology and understand the day-to-day technical challenges that are part of complex software. You'll be working with engineers to design, build and grow a world-class distributed work platform that will assist to connect 1 million people in developing countries to basic computer work. You enjoy building the product features that solve the realtime business problem.
- Be responsible for writing server-side web application logic, defining and maintaining a central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Follow the best software development practices to develop robust, scalable and secure software solutions
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logics
- Execute all phases of Software Development Life Cycle and identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Be updated with the latest technologies and drive continuous adaptation and integration of those technologies into the design
- Contribute to an efficient and effective development environment
- Mentor junior and associate software engineers to help them grow
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Write and document processes, policies, practices and decisions
- A passion for writing efficient, reusable, clean, simple code using Ruby on Rails
- Good experience in developing highly interactive applications
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, ORM, restful APIs, and design patterns
- Good understanding of fundamental principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit testing
- A proficient understanding of versioning tool like GIT
- Working knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL database
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system and create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- A desire for continuous learning
- Effective communication skills in oral and writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with at least 2 to 3 years of experience in software development
- Prior experience in GO
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Take lead in designing, building and growing a world-class distributed work platform that will assist to connect 1 million people in developing countries to basic computer work
- Work with amazing talents across the globe
- Learn other development technologies used at CloudFactory
- Grow into a well-rounded engineer especially on release and infrastructure side of the development process
- Mentoring other engineers
Technologies We Use
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Java, Python, C++, JS, R
- Operating Systems: Linux, OSX, Windows
- Configuration Management: Ansible, AWS CloudFormation
- Version Control: GitHub, GitLab
- Other: AWS product suite, Docker, Ruby on Rails, Node, Electron, Meteor, React, Selenium, PowerBI
If you want to join our movement, click on the link below to apply. Our team will be waiting to hear from you. Don’t settle for a job, pursue a calling at CloudFactory.